Please read carefully. Below is written work for high school as well as theta assignments for middle and high school. Thank you so much!
High School Dvorak 8 analysis Due May 15
Please analyze first mov. in terms of SONATA FORM. For this particular assignment please don’t use a lot of descriptive words. I’m interested in the following:
1. How does Dvorak use sonata form? (He adheres to it but also changes some things). Please identify the first theme group (which measures in the movement?) , second theme group, closing theme, development, recap and coda.
2. Identify the keys of all the above sections. Dvorak does some interesting things with the harmony!
3. How does Dvorak use thematic transformation? He does a lot of it!
Again, this should be a one page assignment with lots of symbols and not so many words. Please focus on the form, harmony and usage of motives, fragments etc..(thematic transformation)
High School: Please complete an additional 60 levels by May 15.
Middle School: Please complete an additional 40 levels by May 15.
- Juries: This year all students except Seniors will be required to play juries. The jury will consist of two scales (same requirements as DSA auditions-see website under:apply) and one movement of a major solo piece. Juries will begin after the final concerts in May.
- Seniors are required to present a senior recital. See Dr. Lasansky if you have questions.